Dated 1804, renovated and re-cast, 1894. Substantial
rectangular church with 4-bay S elevation. Harled,
ashlar margins and dressings. Centre round-headed
and keystoned entrance with blocked imposts in E and W gables;
similarly detailed gallery window above and square loft
window in each gable. Regular round-headed keystoned
4-bay fenestration in long S elevation, no windows in N.
Multi-pane glazing. Late 19th century vestry window at
left of entrance.
Circa 1830 bellcote at E gable apex with anthemion angle
acroteria and shaped finial; ball finial at W; Banffshire
slate roof. 1702 bell.
INTERIOR: re-cast and diminished in size, 1894. 5-sided
gallery survives, but wall inserted to cut off W portion;
new wall fronted by large organ and by communion table; low
later 19th century octagonal pulpit stands near site of
original pulpit by S wall; plain pews; plank dado.
Various plain 19th century mural memorials.
ENCLOSING WALLS: coped rubble wall encloses church E and S;
pair flat arched entrances in E wall closed with double
leaf plank doors.
Statement of Special Interest
Ecclesiastical building in use as such. Church dated on
skewputts in E gable. Bellcote in style of circa 1830 and
probably designed by William Robertson of Elgin who worked
extensively for the Heritors, the Earls of Seafield.
1702 bell re-used from Old Church.