Allegedly 1718, with considerable alterations and additions,
mainly of 19th century date. 2-storey, irregular 5-bay
house with projecting single storey wings forming U-plan
court linked by low coped walls; additional rear wings.
Harled with ashlar margins and dressings. Off-centre
entrance with panelled door; centre stair window; left bay
projects as full-height late 19th century gabled bay with
bipartite in ground and 1st floor. Single storey and
2-storey rear additions. Mainly 4-pane glazing. Coped and
panelled end stacks with tall late 19th century crenellated
barley-sugar twist paired chimney cans; Banffshire and other
INTERIOR: much altered throughout life of house including
re-siting of staircase in late 19th century. Ground floor
kitchen at E of house retains original ceiling height.
STEADING: early-mid 19th century, single storey U-plan
steading. Rubble, tooled rubble dressings. Detached portion
at E side converted to garage use; remainder in poor
condition and disused.
GARDEN WALLS: irregular shaped garden enclosed by high
coped rubble walls (in part shared with burial ground and old
Fordyce Church); 3 square-headed bee boles recessed low in
S facing portion of wall.