R G Wilson, architect, Aberdeen, dated 1897. 3-storey gabled, asymmetrical 3 and 4-bay house. Pink harled with extensive use of tooled grey granite ashlar dressings.
N entrance front with off-centre round-headed doorway set in stepped ashlar surround with carved initials, coat of arms and flanked by slender engaged columns with crocketted finials. Double-leaf panelled door; deep bullfaced granite base course. Large off-centre mullioned and transomed stair windows; 3 2nd floor bipartites set in gables; single large pended dormer with 3-light window.
S GARDEN FRONT: wide 3-bay ground floor with projecting crenellated canted multi-light windows at SW. Wide transomed and mullioned window under stepped lintel at SE in advanced and gabled bay tripartites in 1st and 2nd floors above. Large gabled dormer. Ground floor windows linked by stepped string course extending along W gable and linking bipartite and crenellated projecting ground floor window. Mainly single pane plate glass glazing though some mulit-pane glazing survives. Coped end and wallhead stacks; slate roofs. High walled service court extends from E gable, replacing former service wing demolished circa 1920.
INTERIOR: entrance lobby enters panelled stairhall; staircase with turned wooden balusters, panelled and ball finialled end balusters and moulded handrail. Panelled doors and moulded doorpieces.
DRAWING ROOM: corniced ceiling; original wooden chimneypiece with bracketted overmantel.
LIBRARY: original glass fronted bookcases.
DINING ROOM: now converted to kitchen/dining room.