by Barbour and Bowie. Large, asymmetrical mansion house,
Jacobean; mostly mullioned and transomed windows, some canted
or projecting, gables with slits or escutcheons, kneelers
and ball finials; dormer heads finialed, with scrolled
pediments. 2 storeys; plain, extensive service range and
outbuildings to west lower (and partly single storey), with
courtyard. Stugged red coursers, polished dressings.
Entrance at west end of north wall, doorcase ornamented with
ball finials and strap-worked pediment: corbelled 1st floor
William Burn, architect. Built 1834, minor alterations 1912
oriel to left with ornamental gable: conical-roofed tall,
narrow turret recessed either end of north elevation.
Additional door in re-entrant angle between west and south
ranges. String between floors. Stacks mostly grouped,
corniced diamond flues; roofed with graded slates. Courtyard
ranges with plain gabled dormer heads. east-facing
segmental-arched cart opening.
Interior: some ornamental cornice plasterwork and white
marble chimney pieces with classical detail in principal
ground floor rooms; main stair with wrought-iron balustrade
presumably by Barbour & Bowie.