Circa 1860. Baronial re-casting and additions to existing
(probably 18th century) 2-storey, 3-bay house. Rubble-built,
with red ashlar dressings; mostly ivy-clad. East elevation:
original house has central ground floor bipartite (replacing
original door), and 4-pane sashes: small turrets corbelled
over angles linked by crenellated parapet with scalloped mock
corbel course; original end stacks. Addition comprises
2-storey square tower and linking bay; shallow porch in
latter, Tudor-arched door, and parapet with brackets, 1st
floor window with gablet dormer head. Tower is advanced, with
corbelled and crenellated angle turrets and crenellated
parapet; tripartite to each floor; shaped stack on projecting
and corbelled base; full-height 2-bay rear wing. Slate roofs.
Interior: original house has pilastered and round-arched
doorcase in dining room; wide, Tudor-arched link with
addition; rebuilt wooden stair; drawing room (in tower) has
marble chimney piece and ribbed ceiling paper.
Castellated, circular, red ashlar gate-piers; pedestrian
gates flank main entrance; curved low coping links with
terminal piers; simple iron gates and railings.