E B Lamb, architect, circa 1850. Small private chapel with
apse and crypt. Decorated Gothic. Stugged and snecked red
ashlar with droved or polished dressings. 2 bays, stepped
buttresses, gableted above eaves, 5-sided apse at east,
elaborately carved, pointed-arched entrance between 2
buttresses in west gable: studded 2-leaf door with
decorative hinges below shallow pointed arch, ball-flower
moulded reveals, initials AI and LJ in spandrels: tall
tympanum with curvilinear tracery and (broken) leaded
lights; crest in gable above. Pointed windows to bays and
to aspe (east window reaches above eaves): all openings
hood-moulded, with label stops. Off-set below cill level;
eaves cornice; blocking course with shields over openings;
stone flagged and ribbed roof with decorative ridging.
Approached from east by 3 flights of stone steps.