Dated 1816. Stables, now mostly converted for
domestic/garage use. 3 2-storey ranges built around
quadrangular court, latter closed to east, above River Nith,
by high wall. Rubble-built with ashlar or modern concrete,
margins, rusticated quoins at west, all painted. Symmetrical
west elevation: 7 bays, articulated with taller advanced
outer bays and central entrance tower, these with simply
pedimented gables; tower has full-height angle pilaster
strips and segmental arch to pend all rusticated, Venetian
window and crest above, dovecot in gable and weathervane
finial; modern (masonry) flanking flues; glazed
segmental-arched former carriage houses to each outer bay,
with Venetian window inserted above (possibly replacing
oculi, arched stones re-used); upper window margins of
remaining bays linked to eaves band. Small-paned glazing.
1958 crest (possibly dates conversion) to courtyard above segmental-arched pend, other openings to courtyard
square-headed; some upper windows break through eaves and
have gabled dormer heads; garage in north range by Peddie and
Forbes Smith, 1915. Stacks mostly modern, but corniced;
roofed with graded slates.
Detached low range to north.