2-arch stonebuilt bridge spanning Water of Urr on Kirkpatrick-Durham/Crossmichael parish boundaries. Probably
late 16th-century in origin though considerably rebuilt;
widened to the N in 1772 and with parapets rebuilt mid
19th-century and repaired circa 1900. Total span 50 ft,
original width 9 ft 8 ins approximately present width 13 ft
Granite rubble throughout. 2 asymmetrical near semi-circular
arches spring from rubble abutments and central solid pier
with cutwater buttresses, to both up and downstream sides.
Above S buttress, 2 red sandstone panels both badly eroded
but recorded as bearing a lion rampant, crown and initials IR
to the upper stone; a dexter hand appaume and date 1580 to
Parapets recently repointed.