Much altered mid-18th century house. Formerly enclosed on 3 sides by large early 19th century classical country house, latter demolished circa 1959, leaving original house in isolation.
Rectangular-plan, 3-storey and basement house, 2-storey 1959 addition to W, 2-storey piend-roofed pavilion to E survives from early 19th century house. All single light windows, sash and case with 12-pane glazing. S ELEVATION: painted rubble with rendered raised margins, 3-bays, gable over right bay.
N ELEVATION: 4 regular bays, rubble with polished red sandstone margins.E ELEVATION: part of early 19th century house, rubble with polished red sandstone angles and margins. Originally 2-storey now cut down to single storey. Single light window with pediment and architrave set in semi-circular panel. Piended roof.
W ELEVATION: 2-storey, 5-bay , harled 1959 wing, single light windows, sash and case with 12-pane glazing.
Slate roofs, end and axial stacks, end skews.
INTERIOR: little of the 18th century house survives, some doors and shutters to top floor.