Dated 1865. T-plan church with simplified gothic detailing,
3-stage gabled square tower on nave N flank, transversely
set hall and church officer's flat abuts E gable. Stugged
red ashlar with polished dressings, tall narrow lights with
elongated cusped heads mostly hood-moulded.
TOWER: stairs within tall 1st stage outwardly expressed by
parallel diagonal courses and stepped window levels; middle
stage designed for clock faces; top stage with louvred
openings in gables or gabled dormer heads.
Continuous string raised as hood-mould over main door on W
gable on body of church and blind flanking quatrefoils.
Gabletted saw-toothed skews; slate roofs.
Hall/flat facing door at ground shouldered-headed lights
INTERIOR: 3 linked galleries on cast-iron columns and with
panelled fronts; pulpit at E recessed behind large archway
and with good decorative cast-iron balconied front with
gothic details; "altar rail" also with good cast-iron work.
Enclosed by cast-iron gates and railings, gabletted square
red ashlar piers.