William Burn architect, 1817; discrete alterations 1882.
Greek revival villa/small mansion with pedimented tetrastyle portico central on E elevation. Single storey, with attic and sunk basement. Built of bull-faced whinstone, in graded courses, with contrasting ashlar dressings and margins. Rectangular-plan, and composed around tall square stair tower.
W elevation: 7 bays, portico with baseless Doric columns and oculus, recessed doorway with sidelights and large decorative fanlight; flanking windows corniced and architraved, cills linked to base course. Narrow pilastered attic floor an addition.
Flank elevations identical, 3 bays with advanced central gable, attic windows below eaves at W.
Blocked eaves; corniced stacks, slated and leaded, piended and platform roof; central tower with concealed roof; small lantern to rear (W) of latter.
Rear elevation also altered (1882); bracketted central oriel linked by curved and cantilevered bays to flanking lean-to's.
Interior: cantilevered stone stair; some decorative plasterwork and pilastered marble chimney pieces; panelled and architraved doors; round-arched doorway and mosaic floor in vestibule.