Several building phases beginning with 1798 (dated) long
W-facing block comprising house and adjoining steading (all
now altered); house enlarged and re-orientated circa 1840,
addition with Tudor details; steading enlarged earlier 19th
century and free-standing tall barn to E of house also
probably built about then; mid 19th century haybarn beyond,
Huge enclosed farm complex designed by William Bell 1901. All
FARMHOUSE: original 1798 2-storey, 3-bay house much altered
1901 and circa 1960; circa 1840 addition (built of stugged
ashlar with polished dressings and hood-moulds has 3-bay S
elevation with advanced finialled gable left, central door;
shaped skews; cut-down stacks.
STEADING: 1) range adjoining house has loft below eaves;
2-bay cartshed with square loft openings over (garage
slapping and shelter to courtyard). blocked large barn door; square-ended horsemill added to NW.
2) 1901 block: rectangular plan aisled range 1, 2 and 3
storeys with main roof swept over aisles; red rubble with
ashlar dressings; large depressed-arched vehicle opening
central on N gable, sheltered loading bay to upper barn
within; asymmetrically placed openings on S gable; 2-stacks;
long wide single storey byre adjoins to W with addition. Some
interior pulleys and shafting survives, and hand-crane in
upper barn. Plain free-standing byre to NW.
3) free-standing haybarn to SE rubble-built with ashlar
dressings; S wall mostly open, roof supported by 2 (modern
replacement) stanchions forming 3 wide open bays; piended
4) Barn to E of house is plain, with ridge stack above bothy.