Late 16th century, perhaps by Thomas Leper, partly
remodelled at gables, late 17th or early 18th century with
straight skews and entrance removed to S. 2-storey and
(prior to 1860) dormerless attic with vaulted ground
floor, interesting treatment of stair turrets in angles.
Original late 16th century door now blocked in S.E.
re-entrant angle, later door (now enclosed) at end of
corridor in S. gable. Triplicated gunloops (cf Tolquhon
and Schivas). S. addition with turreted entrance bay, 17th
century N.E. wing remodelled and N. re-entrant angle
infilled, 1st floor windows enlarged and dormers inserted
James Matthews 1860. Further addition to Matthews's S wing
D.C. Stewart 1964. Originally harled, now exposed