Circa 1820. Single storey and attic Tudor Gothic cottage ornee with lower single storey office wing on falling ground to outer right. Painted rubble with red sandstone margins and dressings; base courses; pilaster quoin strips; hoodmoulds; advanced bracketted eaves; pointed arch windows.
S ELEVATION: 3 bays symmetrically disposed; 4-centre-arched door at centre; moulded surround; glazed vestibule door; flanking full-height bipartite windows; hoodmoulds.
E ELEVATION: 3-bay symmetrical block with lower wing to outer right. Bow at centre, lit by 3, full-height bipartite windows; flanking bays with full-height tripartite windows. Shallow gabled dormers symmetrically disposed, tripartite at centre, flanking bipartite dormers. Lower single storey wing on falling ground to right, 2 window link block, that to right narrower; 2-bay, piend-roofed block slightly advanced to outer right, full-height window to left, bipartite window to right; shallow-gabled bipartite dormers symmetrically disposed.
N ELEVATION: 2 bays symmetrically disposed; ashlar band course dividing floors; bipartite windows at ground, bipartite pointed-arch windows at 1st floor; tall wallhead stack centrally disposed. Flat-roofed, rubble porch in re-entrant angle to left, boarded door with large 2-pane fanlight.
W ELEVATION: rubble, ashlar dressings. 3-bay main block, centre bay slightly recessed, 3 windows that at centre blind; flanking bipartite windows, those to outer right blind. Gabled dormerheads symmetrically disposed over outer flanking bays; rooflights. Single storey over raised basement, 2-bay wing to outer left, blind windows at ground, 1st floor; 12-pane sash and case windows.
Y-tracery timber sash and case Gothick windows. Grey slate piend and platform roof; broad coped ridge stacks; octagonal cans.
INTERIOR: elliptical hall lit by lantern; elliptical gallery with delicate cast-iron balusters; reeded moulding; plain cornices; plain fireplaces.