Circa 1600 with additions dated 1616. 5-storey tower house,
red rubble with ashlar dressings. Originally L-plan with re-
entrant angle at SW; this plan modified in 1616 by infilling
most of re-entrant angle with symmetrically fenestrated
frontage, ground floor entrance with moulded doorpiece and
large worn armorial panel above, leading to wide scale and
platt staircase to 1st floor hall, newels to additional upper
floor accommodation and 2 decorative gabled wallheads.
wallhead dormers at both north and south.
Splayed gunloops; angle bartizans with decorative corbelled
bases and conical roogs at NW, NE and SW corners; corbelled
wallwalk dating from earliest period at portions of east,
west and south wallheads with angle bartizans; crowstepped
gables to parallel east-west roofs with corniced stacks and
slate roofs. Later 19th century extensive 2-storey wing to
rear in Scots Baronial style.
Interior; 1st floor room on south front with mid-18th century
panelling. Hall now with early 19th century details.