Mid/later 18th century, facing east/west, with considerable
sympathetic additions to north, dated 1910, and south, dated
1933. All white harled with chamfered and tooled ashlar
margins and dressings.
Early centre portion is 3-storey, 5-bay double pile house with symmetrical fenestration in both east and west fronts centre
entrance in east elevation at 1st floor (piano nobile) masked
by projecting finialled gabled porch with side door approached
by flight of steps. Further doorway in ground floor immediately
left of porch projection and also in ground floor in centre of
west front, with modern lean-to porch. Diminutive blind occuli
in centre of each gable head. 1910 wing adjoining north gable;
2-storey, 4-bay, deep double pile, with symmetrical fenestration
in dated east elevation and 2-storey large canted window
filling 2 bays at NW of west front; long 1st floor windows;
further 2-storey, 3-bay cottage wing at right angles to north.
1933 wing at south gable; long 2-storey, wide single bay,
drawing room wing with off-centre wallhead gabled stack,
abutting south gable of old house and projecting forward from
it at east; wide canted bay window in ground floor of east
gable (lighting drawing room), 2 1st floor windows above with
datestone in gablehead. 12- and 15-pane glazing; simple
corniced end stacks; slate roofs.
Interior; much altered interior; original scale and plat stair
in early part of house; plaster cornices to all ceilings,
those in 1910 and 1933 portions of house being excellent
reproductions of 18th and 19th century patterns; good chimney
pieces, in Cedar Room (1910 1st floor drawing room) with
Adamesque carved wood chimney piece with green marble surround;
Simple coped drystone wall surrounds house.