Circa 1650. 3-storey L-plan laird's house with 18th century 2?-storey wing to W. Octagonal turnpike stair in re-entrant angle. Rubble, harled and painted white. Flush window margins; crowstepped gables.
EAST WING (ORIGINAL HOUSE):
NW (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: octagonal stair in re-entrant angle: roll-moulded and corniced Renaissance entrance doorway to ground floor, small window to left, plain inset stone plaque above door, small windows to mid-floor upper 3-storeys; octagonal slate roof, finial surmounting; 3-storey single bay to each flank; symmetrical 2nd and 3rd storey 2-bay fenestration to right return; coursed sandstone stack, neck cope, 3 plain cans. Modern single storey addition (adjoining West Wing): double doors to centre, window to flanks; window and door to right return; slate roof.
NE ELEVATION: blind aperture to ground floor left, window to 2nd and 3rd storey left, small blind window to left gablehead, SE (REAR) ELEVATION: regular 4-bay fenestration; door to 2nd right bay, ground floor.
SW ELEVATION: ground floor adjoining newer W wing; windows to 2nd and 3rd storey.
WEST WING (18th CENTURY WING):
NW (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: door to second bay left; single windows flanking, regular 4-bay fenestration to 1st floor; small round stair turret in re-entrant angle, window to mid-storey, capped slate roof; single storey extension adjoining left, entrance door, window to left, lean-to slate roof; adjoining stone boundary wall creating courtyard to front, double entrance gates.
SW ELEVATION: plain stone skewed gable end, irregular 2?-storey fenestration, stone chimney-stack, pair of cans.
SE (REAR) ELEVATION: 2-storey, 4-bay regular fenestration, door between ground floor right bays; chimney-stack to centre, stone neck cope, three cans.
NE ELEVATION: adjoining older house, now East Wing.
12-pane timber sash and case windows to front, 6-pane to stair turret, 4-pane and 9-pane to East Wing rear. Grey slate roof; octagonal slated roof to turret. Crowstepped gable, coursed stone chimney piece, neck cope, three plain cans. Replacement cast-iron rainwater goods.
INTERIOR: modernised interior to both wings, although some original fireplaces to 3rd storey East Wing.