Probably John Robertson, Inverness 1907. Large Baronial mansion, roughly L-plan; 2 storey and attic. Bullfaced coursed grey rubble, contrasting polished sandstone dressings. Large entrance court enclosed by mansion at E and S, retaining wall to N and entrance to W.
Principal entrance in N facade under porte cochere; further entrance in re-entrant angle with corniced door-piece in facetted angle tower rising as crenellated octagon single stage above wallhead. High square clock tower at NW angle, with clock faces, corbelled upper stage with louvred tripartites, corbelled angle stair turret and small angle turrets to crenellated wallhead of N range. Terraced south front with 3 wide canted bay windows rising full height, with corniced and parapetted wallheads and gabletted dormers above; skews with kneelers, 1 further recessed gabled bay with 2 storey semi-circular bay.
Most windows mullioned and transomed, some with 8-pane glazing, shaped gables with decorative detailing and finials; all original rhones and down-pipes; rainheads serving south elevation decorated with winged figures.
Corniced stacks; slate roofs.
Round bullfaced diminutive turrets with crenellated parapet flank entrance to court; pair ornate wrought-iron carriage gates; small flanking wrought-iron pedestrian gate.
Interior; large entrance hall with ornate Baroque chimneypiece decorated with figures and foliage. Wide staircase with Tudor balustrade with heavy carved detailing. Rich Jacobean plaster ceiling in library, with carved wood chimneypiece in similar style and original break-front bookcases. Adamesque 1st floor drawing room. Fine panelled doors, moulded doorcases, plaster ceilings.