James Thomson, 1856. 2-storey, 5-bay, symmetrical, bowed corner former town market building. Painted ashlar sandstone. Pedimented parapet to central bay. Channelled pilasters. Base course, ground floor cornice below dividing band between floors, continuous cill course to upper storey, projecting cornice. Shouldered, moulded architraves to upper storey windows.
SW (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: 5-bay bowed elevation, symmetrical. Broad entrance to ground centre bay, stone mullioned bipartite window over, terminating in blocked parapet, segmentally-arched pediment with free-standing Airdrie coat-of-arms above, flanked by twin-bracketed coped stacks. Regular fenestration to outer double bays.
SE (SIDE) ELEVATION: 6-bay, regular fenestration. Crowstepped nepus gable to centre of 3-bay block to right, garage entrance to ground floor outer right.
NW (SIDE) ELEVATION: 5-bay, small square windows to upper storey.
NE (REAR) ELEVATION: obscured by abutting building.
Plate glass sash and case windows. Grey slates, lead flashing. Coped skews. Cast-iron rainwater goods.
INTERIOR: largely refurbished as bingo hall and amusements arcade.