J & A Leslie & Reid, circa 1900. 2-storey and basement, 2-bay Scots Renaissance lodge with courtyard to NE. Harled with red sandstone dressings. Base course; long and short quoins; chamfered reveals; eaves cornice; crowstepped gables with stone finials to apex.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: asymmetrical; gabled bay to left, 5-light canted sandstone window through ground and 1st floors with piended slate roof, sandstone tablet centred above; right return not seen 2000. Tripartite window to ground floor of recessed bay to right, single segmentalheaded window breaking eaves to 1st
floor above. Single storey block adjoining to outer right, pedimented window to centre, balustraded parapet, right return not seen 2000.
E AND N ELEVATIONS: not seen 2000.
W ELEVATION: asymmetrical; 4-bay; outer left not seen 2000. Gabled bay advanced to left, canted window to ground floor, window to centre of 1st floor above, bipartite window to ground floor of right return, segmentalheaded window breaking eaves to 1st floor. 3 recessed bays flanking to right; ingleneuk advanced to centre of ground floor, windows to left and right returns, bipartite pedimented windows flanking to left and right, 2 segmentalheaded windows breaking eaves to 1st floor.
Variety of small-pane timber windows. Grey-green slate roof with lead ridges. Stone skews.
Corniced wallhead and gablehead stacks with circular cans. Cast-iron rainwater goods.
INTERIOR: Jacobean stone and timber panelled dog-leg staircase to hall, with turned balusters and decorative newel posts. Grand panelled boardroom, ingleneuk fireplace set in segmental arch, with deep frieze; decoratively moulded frieze to principal boardroom, fluted Ionic columns supporting beams, painted roundels above panelled timber doors, boarded panelled ceiling. Decoratively tiled washrooms and toilets with original fittings still extant.