Late 19th century lodge, graveyard W end circa 1860 extended E circa 1890. Single storey and attic gabled plain domestic gothic lodge house. Squared and snecked rubble with ashlar dressings. Deep base course and eaves course. Pointed-arch doorways and segmental-headed windows, relieving arches, splayed cills, stop-chamfered arrises and stone mullions.
W (BENNOCHY ROAD) ELEVATION: 3-bay elevation with boarded timber door to left, slightly projecting higher gabled bay to centre with tripartite window at ground and bipartite window in gablehead; lower bay to right (also advanced) with raised centre tripartite window, centre light breaking eaves into elaborately moulded and finialled dormer gablehead in steeply-pitched roof.
N ELEVATION: advanced gable to right with timber door to right and small window to left at ground, 2 windows in gablehead and further door in re-entrant angle to left.
E ELEVATION: advanced gable to right with bipartite window and further flanking windows to ground, bipartite window in gablehead; lower flat-roofed bay to left with door and window.
S (BALSUSNEY ROAD) ELEVATION: low blind gable to left of centre and flat-roofed bay to right with bipartite window.
Plate glass glazing in timber sash and case windows, and fixed windows. Graded grey slates. Dominant rendered wallhead stack and small coped rubble stack; stepped ashlar-coped skews with gablet skewputts and stone gable finials. Cast-iron downpipes with decorative rainwater hoppers and fixings.
BOUNDARY WALLS, GATEPIERS AND GATES: semicircular-coped rubble boundary walls; low saddleback-coped walls to Balsusney Road. Principal entrance at Balsusney Road with square-section, mutuled, corniced and pyramidal-coped, panelled ashlar gatepiers flanked by similar slightly smaller piers to pedestrian entrances. Moulded copes with quatrefoil detail to ashlar gatepiers at Bennochy Road entrance. Decorative cast-iron gates.
GRAVESTONES: W garden: variety of classical and gothic monuments including (to W) 2-stage white marble edifice with coped and battered set-back buttresses to 1st stage, pointed-arch 2nd stage with heavy hoodmould and foliated label-stops, to Lindsay Deas ARAM died 1885. To N, 'Greek' Thomsonesque wall monument with large pedimented ashlar stone rising above wallhead with high-relief bronze bust signed by C MacCallum, and flanking square-plan dies, to John Alexander DD, established Free Church in 1843, died 1868. White marble sarcophagus with cusped arcading to Mrs Michael Nairn, died 1896. E wall with corniced ashlar stone with small granite columns commemorating Michael Beveridge of Beechwood and his wives.
E garden: NE corner including McIntosh/Wishart family monument, circa 1895, of red sandstone ashlar with Ionic pilasters and round-headed niche housing seated figure of Harpocrates (damaged).