David Hamilton, 1812, incorporating earlier fabric of circa 1690 and mid 18th century, modern conservatory. 2-storey castellated villa with round corner towers and square belvedere. Droved ashlar. Battered base course, cill courses, billetted eaves course, castellated blocking course. Architraved windows, stone mullions, hoodmoulds at ground. Round-arched lights to ground floor. Main block by Hamilton, 70' by 43'. Towers breaking wallhead.
E ELEVATION: 3-bay with tripartite windows to each floor and corner towers with narrow lights. Taller central bay with slightly advanced pilasters flanking bowed stone portico on slim reeded. columns; principal entrance with semicircular fanlight and side lights Belvedere to centre rear with large pointed arch opening with Y-traceried glazing.
W ELEVATION: gabled projection to centre (circa 1690 fabric) and mid 18th century addition in re-entrant angle to N, with piended roof and external stair. Pointed arch window to belvedere.
N AND S ELEVATIONS: 2-bay between corner towers with regular bipartite glazing. S elevation with window to left altered as door and low door off-centre right, now masked with circa 1997 conservatory addition.
Predominantly timber small-pane glazing in sash and case windows. Grey slate piended roof. Crenellated stacks to centre of corner towers, and stacks to pilasters framing entrance, to gablehead to N and roof ridge to NW.
INTERIOR: includes the following: Vestibule with glazed partition of fluted columns, and spacious hall. Stone stair with bull-nosed treads rising in NW corner.
WALLED GARDEN: tall squared rubble walls coped with ashlar, enclosing 3 sides of rectangular garden. Circa 15' high. House forms part of central wall.