John Kinross, 1894. 2-stage, Swiss chalet style boat house. Harled rubble boat house with rusticated ashlar sandstone quoins supporting slatted timber viewing room with encircling, bracketed timber balcony with pierced timber balustrade. Decorative iron gateway.
PRINCIPAL ELEVATION: broad 2-leaf, boarded doors to boat house at centre. 2-leaf, part-glazed doors to viewing room flanked by windows with rounded arched astragals, carved friezes and cornices; block pediment beam spanning elevation below gablehead with further carved ornament. Deeply overhanging eaves supported on curved timber brackets and exposed rafters.
Leaded, square-pane glazing. Timber shingles to roof. Corniced, barley sugar ashlar stack to rear gablehead.
INTERIOR: seventeenth century decorative scheme. Panelled wainscot with fluted frielze and billeted cornice. Fluted Ionic pilasters flanking tripartite chimney wall, Tudor arched stone chimneypieve with carved frieze and gadrooned timber mantlepiece below 6-panelled ccarved heraldic display; round-arched glazed doors to pilaster-flanked built-in cupboards flanking chimneypiece with aprons of geometric panelling and strapwork carving. Coomb ceiling adorned with vine plasterwork and birds.
GATEWAY: close to boathouse. Decorative wrought-iron screen gate with railed pilasters flanking 2-leaf, 6-panel gates with guilloche decoration and finials, part gilded.