Early 19th century in appearance, but post-dates Wood's town plan of 1821; probably not all one build. Large dockside warehouse, presumably associated with the local fishing industry. 3 storeys; long, and comparatively shallow in plan, series of roundels at top floor, linked east-facing house of slightly earlier date at east end of south wall, terminating view along North Beach, forms L-plan block. White-harled; ashlar dressings; end stacks, 3rd ridge stack between bays 5 and 6; skews; slate roofs. WAREHOUSE faces north; 8 bays, apparently built as 5 plus 3 bays (which makes each component range symmetrical); location of intermediate axial stack and compactness of bays on 3-bay range reinforce the likelihood of this proposition. Unmargined flat-linteled openings at lower floors, doors and small-paned windows (mostly sashes); in 5-bay range, a centre forestair (cast-iron column supports platt) door at each level above, loft doorway with piended dormered hood; symmetrically-placed skylights; roundels are stone-margined, 4-pane glazing with cross-shaped astragals; 3-bay range is similarly-treated, and also has hooded loft doorway. East gable has margined windows, door and window at ground, sash windows above with 12-pane glazing, all probably alterations made in conjunction with addition of adjoining house.
HOUSE has 2 storeys and attic, 3 bays, centre panelled door with rectangular fanlight, outer tripartites throughout; all windows (except at attic) are sashes, mostly plate glass, narrow outer lights of tripartites retain centre horizontal division showing that large windows were formerly astragalled. 3 flat-roofed attic dormers have modern glazing; skews over south gable and single surviving end stack. 3-bay rear elevation has smaller windows, centre window between floors presumably lights stairs.