1795 (dated) 3-storey, 3-bay schoolhouse with L-plan rear
(east) wing; latter consists of 1724-9 school and former
schoolhouse by William Luckup and John Crocket, altered by
Walter Newall, 1842, extensions circa 1777 and 1882 (dated).
1795 HOUSE: coursed squared rubble with contrasting red
ashlar dressings; symmetrical west elevation: central door
architrave and half-pilastered doorcase (fluted and inscribed
frieze); eaves course; cornice; coped end stacks; piended
slate roof. Interior: some decorative cornice plasterwork;
arched recess in south west ground floor room with Corinthian
pilasters. REAR WING: rubble built with red ashlar dressings.
2-storey original schoolhouse (mullioned windows with
latticed glazing inserted by Newall) extended to west (ie
nearest present house) circa 1777; stair turret off-centre on
south wall with crow-stepped gable (incorporating original
inscription panel) also by Newall; original schoolroom to
east (set at right angles to house) extended to south 1882 to
provide gymnasium. Original interiors gutted. Slate roofs.
Partly enclosed by ashlar-coped rubble-built walls; corniced
circular gatepiers to south of 1795 house.