Originally: 3-storey harled mid Georgian E-plan with main
elevation to E., 11 window frontage, centre 3 advanced with
R-doric doorway: some good interior work surviving; large
courts of offices. Tall 2-storey drawing room wing added at
S.W.1820 and gallery formed, D. Hamilton archt., completed
1831; notable interior work. Centre 3 bays on E. front
destroyed, 5-window 4-storey bow inserted, 2 storey N.E.
porte cochere, entrance gate and connecting E arcade,
terraces S., E., & W. and further offices 1849-51. Porte
cochere raised to 4-storey with French roof and (probably)
arcade modified and iron work added 1863. Considerable
interior alterations from 1849.
Architect not known at present.
N.W. 2-storey wing and further offices 1899-1901, Sir R.R.
1912 part of E. arcade demolished and chapel inserted,
aisleless Renaissance with apse: spectacular marble and
mosaic interior by Anrep: Balfour Paul of Rowand Anderson and