Robert Rowand Anderson, 1882, cruciform church, with porch and tower, Henry and MacLennan 1907. Squared snecked rubble, ashlar dressings and buttresses.
N ELEVATION: central gabled porch with sturdy angle buttresses; moulded pointed arch with nook shafts over paired pointed doorways. W Birnie Rhind statue of St Andrews in oval panel above. Hoodmoulded window
(3 lancets and rose) above. Stone cross finials to porch and gable.
TOWER: tall, 4-stage bell tower with string courses dividing. Stages of varying heights and recessing; angle buttresses. Moulded round arched doorway to N and slit window in 2nd stage. Paired louvred lancets to 3rd stage on each face. Blind triple arcade with central clock; corbelled, crenellated parapet above to 4th stage.
W ELEVATION: Y-tracery hoodmoulded window at N, 3 paired lancets to body of church with 4 large oculi at gallery level. Shallow gabled transept to S with paired lancets below and large circular opening above. Single storey vestry to S, linked to chancel by swept roof.
E ELEVATION: tower to N. Main body and transept as on W. Recessed organ chamber to S with door; roof sweeping to chancel.
S ELEVATION: lower chancel following line of main gable. 3 stepped lancets in hoodmoulded E window. Church hall abutting to S and W. Decorative gutter heads and fixtures. Steeply pitched slate roof.
INTERIOR: simple white painted interior with open timber boarded ceiling. Gallery on cast-iron columns to 3 sides, deepest in transepts. Pine woodwork, grained as oak 2 stone flights of steps to N vestibule, curved W flight leading to gallery. Organ, Foster and Andrews 1886, revised and enlarged 1914. Stained glass mostly unattributed.
J Ballantine, 1912, and W Wilson.
Low coped parapet wall to N by High Street with squat piers. Decorative wrought-iron lamp standard.
CHURCH HALL: 1901. S gabled advanced at centre. Hoodmoulded pointed arch doorway with timber door and fanlight. 3 stepped hoodmoulded lancets above. Half-piended roofs to recessed flanking bays, merging with main roof. Gablet skewputts to gable. E and W sides of 5 bays with lancets. Vestry abutting N gable.