William Burn, architect. 1838. Cruciform gothic church with tower to S gable. Bull-faced walling with contrasting polished cream sandstone margins and angles and buttresses.
2-bay nave with projecting single bay transepts, single bay chancel. Pointed-arch portals with nook shafts to tower, basket-arched to transepts. All double-leaf panelled doors. All windows pointed-arch with hoodmoulds, tripartite to transepts, otherwise single light with iron-framed hexagonal-paned glazing. Tower stepped in 3 stages; portal to ground, louvered traceried lights to 1st, clock face to 2nd with parapet over, pinnacles rise from buttresses, tall facetted ashlar spire rises from parapet with 2 levels of lucarnes.
Skews to gable ends, slate roofs. To rear, mission hall added in 1881, in plainer gothic style, same materials as church and with flat-roofed extension. 3 light windows to gable ends.
Interior: very fine and well preserved interior, galleries to 3 sides supported on cast-iron columns. Carved pulpit, communion table and reredos all original. Open timber trussed ceiling.
Low coped polished granite boundary walls cast-iron railings and gates. Pair of square polished granite gatepiers supporting oversize cast-iron lampbrackets.