Built 1793. Straightforward T-plan church with round-headed
openings and 4-bay long S elevation; low vestry adjoins E
gable; N porch added 1861 with unusual roof. Rubble-built
with ashlar dressings, polished margins, impost blocks and
Blind oculus in N gable and birdcage belfry; other main
gables capped with ball-finialled blocks. Margined glazing
perhaps 1861; straight skews; slate roofs.
Interior: refurbished and re-seated by James Barbour 1884-5;
panelled octagonal pulpit centre on S wall with pilastered
(?original) backboard; gallery in jamb opposite - installed
1861 - has similarly detailed panelled front. Circa 1900
painted and leaded glass windows flank pulpit.
Churchyard: important group of 3 13th century coped grave stones close to E boundary: the northernmost is earthfast and badly weathered; other 2 richly carved and supported on four small Romanesque capitals dating to the late 11th or early 12th century. Numerous good 17th -19th century headstones. Random rubble boundary walls; 2 gateways in E wall with square corniced gatepiers, those nearest N dated 1902 with wrought-iron gates.