Villa dated 1878; shows influence of Alexander Thomson. 2-storey with large and handsome belvedere, built on raised terrace. Now (1990) sub-divided. Square on plan with asymmetrical elevations, service court with carriage house adjoining at rear. Stugged, coursed grey ashlar with painted contrasting dressings, base course, eaves course, bracketted eaves to slated piended platform roof, shouldered corniced stacks with decorative cans. Single windows, stone mullioned, bipartites and tripartites, chamfered arrises, plate-glass sashes.
E (MAIN ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: 3-bay doorway set between 2 bays to right. 6-panelled door with fanlight, corniced doorpiece with keystone, and roundels in spandrels.
S (garden) ELEVATION: 2 broad bays; projecting mullioned bay to left through 2 floors, pedimented with dated crest. Shallow advanced rectangular bay at ground to right, bipartite above. Low cast-iron balustrade to bays at 2nd floor.
W ELEVATION: 3-bay, later door to centre, stair window above, leaded, cill dropped.
BELVEDERE: raised on platform of piended roof. Broad overhanging cornice carried on pilasters, with subsidiary pilastrade threaded through and carrying frieze with discs.
Gates to service court at rear, piend-roofed carriage house with modern garage addition.
Square rubble WALLS enclosing house and garden, with 2 pairs of GATEPIERS to E, main gates to S with pyramidal capped gatepiers and cast-iton gates, later pedestrian gateway. Service gates to N.