16th century rectangular-plan tower house incorporated at NW
corner of Trailtrow burial ground. Built of coursed, squared
large rubble blocks with ashlar dressings; one angle repaired
with droved ashlar; moulded corbel table supports plain
parapet, latter rebuilt probably 1st half of 18th century,
with rusticated quoins; flat coping probably dates from 1820
repairs. Pyramidal stone-flagged roof with rusticated apex
stack, round-arched cap house. 1st floor door on N wall
approached by steps and with inscribed lintel. Slit openings
gun ports to elevations, blocked S-facing 1st floor window.
Statement of Special Interest
Scheduled monument. Door lintel inscribed "Repentance".
Trailtrow burial ground & Murray aisle listed separately.
1820 repairs "....to lifting and laying 90 feet of batelment
(sic) coping... to 6 feet of new..."