James Spencer. 1872, re-erected 1990-91. Single storey engineering works.
Twin tall central bays of 16.15m span, lean-to side aisles of 6.10m span. Original cast-iron stanchions and timber roof trusses dividing interior into 12 bays, riveted wrought-iron crane rails at upper level, wooden crane rails at lower level. Replacement common-brick walls, segmental headed windows, sarked and slated roof with strip-glazed roof lights on main roof and side aisles. E end gabled, without openings,
W end of roofs piended.
W ELEVATION: central bays with depressed arch entrances, doorways flanked by giant-order pilasters with depressed-arch entrances, pilastered doorways to outer sides of main frontage. Larger entrance to left, 3 small windows above, long windows at 2 levels to flanking bays. Entrance to right, pair tall windows above smaller doorway, flanking bays symmetrical with left, but pilastered sandstone doorcase to right.
Lean-to aisles, 2-bay, pilasters flanking windows, aisle to right set back. Doorway between aisle and main frontage with multiple glazing above and to E side.
SIDE ELEVATIONS: pilaster ends, tall multi-pane windows. 3 short louvred ventilators to each roof ridge.