Probably 1909 erected by Rose Street Foundry Co Ltd.
This apparatus consists of a pair of angled front stays each
about 12m long, with the lower ends pivoted on the quay edge,
5.5m apart, and brought together at their upper ends with
a back stay of greater length but of similar riveted steel
construction. The lower end of the back stay can be moved
along a screw to incline the front stays over the quay
wall. A hoist, powered by the same motor as the screw, is
used to raise and lower a pulley block with a hook capable
of lifting 25 tons. The electrically driven mechanisms are
housed in a small corrugated-iron hut.