J M McLaren, architect. Dated 1878. Substantial asymmetrical
Baronial house. 2 storeys and attic. Snecked, stugged
ashlar with tooled dressings, squared rubble sides.
Entrance in 2-storey square projection re-entrant angle to
right of front facade, elaborate neo-Jacobean door-piece with
balustrade and urns above. Cres and urn in panel to left of
door. Front elevation dominated by bold semi-elliptical
projection with sculptured frieze over ground and 1st floors,
attic window set in moulded architraves, pedimented and
flanked by obelisk supporters, cornical roof and weathervane.
Large chimney to W. Windows mainly transomed or cross design
with some stained glass to upper lights of dining room. Large
3-light square projecting window to E.
Single storey rear wing (now altered). Large rear
shouldered wallhead stack, 2 swept dormers.
Gatepiers: square ashlar, banded and panelled with deep
frieze pyramidal cap supporting ball finial.