A B MacDonald, designed 1892. Tall square tower of brick with stone dressings and battered pedestal. Elaborately decorated upper section, each face identical.
PEDESTAL: rusticated base, with ashlar coping, broken in centre by single (blocked up) window; string course arched over window; deep cornice with plain entabulature, brackets at angles flanking corner strapwork escutcheon.
BODY: 2 stage, brick with stone pilasters clasping stone angles
resting on corniced pedestal, pilasters on segmental pedimented pedestal with scrolls at base; string course at top marking entablature with pronounced curvilinear cornice. Lower stage with single stone dressed, keystoned window with curved cornice hat and wide cill on brackets. Upper stage has mullioned bipartite with escutcheon below broad bracketed cill, surmounted by segmental pediment with inscribed convex pediment, all set between stone pilaster strips rising to curvilinear cornice.
HEAD: eleaborate 3-tier head to tower rising from broad curvilinear cornice forming balustraded balcony at centre of each face; tall arched window in centre flanked by lower arched light with pilasters dividing breaking through shaped pediment cover bay by terminating in blocked finials; angles comprise further block finials divied by pilasters with entablature and octagonal turrets above, bell roofed with onion finial and pole surmounting. 2nd tier recessed with twin (blocked) arched windows bounded by pilasters balustrade above deep cornice with dies and finials. 3rd stage comprises octagonal tower with pyramidal roof, drum of columns, cupola with foliage top, pole and gall finial.