Thomas Gilmour of City Architect's Department, won in
competition; design revised by his superior, A B
MacDonald. Public library. Edwardian baroque with
sculptured detail; mainly 2 storeys; occupies corner
site with bold end pavilions each with windows set in
giant round-arched panel reaching into open-bottomed
pediment over, symmetrical main front to Leslie Street,
paired inner doors sharing double-arched hood, colonnade
at 1st floor, large and decorative roof ventilator over.
Polished red ashlar; original glazing, mainly sashes;
slate roof. Single storey 3-bay range to Kenmure Street,
to left of pavilion. Interior altered 1926; contains
leaded glass by John C Hall.