T L Watson, 1882-84. Greek revival church.
Large-scale, temple-fronted church on sloping site, on
podium raised to E. Polished ashlar, rock-faced base.
Hexastyle fluted Corinthian pedimented portico at head of
double return staircase with piers and die walls. Plain
frieze, dentil band, mutule cornice and parapet. Triple
entrance with taller central door, architraved, corniced,
E RETURN ELEVATION: Corinthian colonnade in antis.
Recessed glazing with pilaster architraved aisle lights and
arcaded gallery windows with continuous moulded frieze
band. Cornice between floors. Moulded cill bands.
Arched basement lights with voussoirs.
W RETURN ELEVATION: repeats E elevation rear halls attached
to N with pillared anta portico set in re-entrant angle.
5 W facing N bays: 2 storeys with pilastered windows to
ground and 1st floor. Moulded plinth ground floor
cornice, 1st floor cill band. Snecked rubble rear return
elevation. Boundary wall, piers, cast-iron railings.
INTERIOR: columned gallery with panelled front. Timber
pews, fittings and furniture. Pilastered walls.
Tripartite waggon roof with plaster compartments.