Circa 1841. 2-storey classical house, 3 bays with
additional single storey recessed E entrance bay, attached
outbuildings. Polished ashlar, squared rubble rear
elevations. Sash and case windows in architraves,
windows to front plate glass, those to rear with 12-pane
MAIN ELEVATIONS TO S: Greek Ionic central portico with
cornice and blocking course, flanked by console corniced
windows over centre bay. Pilastered single storey entrance
to E with 2 arched windows in return.
W RETURN: projecting side entrance to rear garden,
corniced with sculpted lion couchant. Splayed, corniced
axial stacks to E and W returns.
Rear elevation: 3 bays with central, round-headed narrow
INTERIOR: Corinthian columned hall screen with responds.
Elaborately coffered, corniced vestibule and hall. Stone
staircase with cast-iron baluster. Console corniced
doors. Left upper room angle consoled marble
OUTBUILDINGS: attached to house by pedimented keyblocked
archway with sculpted eagle. Double-leaf wooden gates,
panelled fret work in upper part. Plain single-storey
buildings, loft with pigeon hole gable, stone coping, slate
Coped boundary wall. Cast-iron gates and piers.