1471 with extensions to W of 1670. 3-storey and attic former manse. Rubble sandstone, squared for quoins and margins; chamfered arrises to most openings.
E (CATHEDRAL SQUARE) ELEVATION: 3 widely spaced regular bays, each with windows of 18th century date, with additional windows flanking at ground and further smaller windows. Doorways in outer bays, that to right blocked as window.
REAR ELEVATION: extended 1670 to S by gabled stair block (dated and initialled on sundial on S side); 2 further gabled bays added to W at N end, mid-17th century, and linked to 1670 addition by bay with wallhead stack; irregular openings in variety of sizes; roll-moulded surround to doorway off-centre to left.
N ELEVATION: formerly crowstepped, but lost when abutted by tenement in 1840s (demolished in 1980); blank masonry, with 2 large modern windows to left.
S ELEVATION: blank gable end of 1471 with wallhead stack; weathered coat-of-arms of Andrew Muirhead on club-skewputt to E. Extension to W of 1 bay, with doorway inserted across former angle (now blocked), and windows to each bay. Sundial (see above) set on former quoin.
Modern timber-framed small-pane casement windows.
Grey slates; coped stacks with clay cans.
RAILINGS: Iron railings with mitre and shield finial and pedestrian gate, at SW.
INTERIOR: low ceilings with heavy, roughly hewn beams. Modern floors. Variety of wide fireplaces; huge lintels to hooded chimneypieces, relieving arches to those at ground floor; later bolection-moulded surround.