Charles Wilson, architect; 1848. Spire 1859. Cruciform
church with tower in SE re-entrant angle. Stugged coursed
ashlar with polished margins and quoins.
Nave with 3 hood-moulded lancets to E end; gablet portal with
pointed arch doorway and nook shafts. Aisles with plain
lancets. Transepts with 3 shouldered windows to ground,
large Y-tracery window above. At W church adjoins hall
buildings. Slate roofs, skews, diamond stacks to W.
Tower in 3 stages; square to ground; octagonal to middle
stage with louvred lancets; lucarnes to top stage with
facetted spire rising above.
INTERIOR: narthex gives access to nave and to gallery stairs
in aisles. Gallery with oak panelled front to transepts
and E end of nave supported on cast-iron columns. Organ
in reredos with pulpit and war memorials. Carved oak
communion table and font; vaulted ceiling with ribs at
crossing. Extensive hall and vestry accommodation to rear
in stugged ashlar with polished margins.