David Hamilton 1813-14. Classical 140' high, 4 stages,
ashlar, much repaired in stucco: 1st stage 2-storey,
channelled; 2nd stage inset Greek doric angle columns, arched
opening with balustraded apron, pedimented; 3rd stage clock,
splayed angles, panelled pilasters; 4th stage belfry,
octagonal with Ionic columns; octagonal stone spire above.
Ground floor shop, cells above, 4-storey building of 1802-3
which adjoined now removed. Damaged 1927 and repaired, upper
30' of spire rebuilt.