G.E. Street 1870-1. Early middle pointed, 106' long, dark
granite with lighter dressings, freestone windows and string
courses. Aisleless nave canted to narrower chancel, W.
piended lean-to narthex with depressed arch enclosing 5
lancets above. 4 2-light windows N. wall, 1 4-light window
and 2 2-light S. wall, organ chamber on S., vestry on N.;
apsidal chancel, N. spirelet at junction of nave and chancel
cleverly broached from square to semi-octagonal and thence to
circular. Interior: narthex opens into church by 3 arches,
pointed waggon roof with tie rods, good original stone
pulpit, coloured marble reredos, 2-seat sedilia with piscina,
sacrarium with brass door by Hardman & Co. Glass Clayton and
Bell N. side of nave and chancel, inferior Lavers and Barreau
S. side of nave.