1853. Mill buildings predominantly timber-farmed with vertically boarded timber cladding, on granite rubble base course; kiln and mill cottage harl-poined granite rubble with tooled dressings and long and short quoins. Boarded timber doors; corrugated-iron and steel roofs.
LADE, WEIR AND SLUICE
Predominantly boarded timber lade flowing from W to E off Water of Feugh, to S of mill buildings, driving Bucket Mill wheel. Sluice to W of wheel controlled by beam with chain controlled from inside Bucket Mill. Weir and sluice to W of site controlling flow of water from River Feugh.
BUCKET MILL AND SAWMILL
Single storey and attic, 3-bay, L-plan Bucket Mill with Sawmill adjoining.
N Elevation: asymmetrical; gabled bay advanced to left, door to left of ground floor flanked by 9-pane window to right, boarded timber opening surmounted by window set in gablehead. Roof swept down over sawmill to flanking bays to right, ramp to right, flanked by slatted timber openings.
W Elevation: near-symmetrical; granite rubble flue capped with brick, advanced through ground and attic floors, flanked to left and right by windows at ground and attic floors; sawmill adjoining to left with opening to centre.
S Elevation: asymmetrical; 13'6" timber start and awe wheel with double cast-iron frame on corrugated steel faced bay to right; 2 window openings flanking to left. Timber walkway to outer right crossing lade to wheel.
E Elevation: asymmetrical; gabled bay to left with window to ground and 1st floors, door off-centre to left at basement leading to mill wheel workings. 2 windows to flanking bays to right.
Variety of small-pane replacement windows with timber frames. Gablehead stack to W.
Interior: Bucket Mill and Sawmill machinery survives in good working order.
Small, single storey, rectangular-plan kiln to N of Bucket Mill, boarded timber gables. Boarded timber ramp to S, leading to door; cast-iron fire box access below ramp. Brick gablehead stack to N with circular can. Interior: fire box runs length of Kiln, surmounted by slatted floor.
STABLE AND CART HOUSE (SHOP)
To NW of Bucket Mill. Single storey, rectangular-plan stable (used as shop when mill was open to public). Door to centre of E elevation, flanked by irregularly placed windows. Boarded timber opening set in gablehead to N. Window to left of W elevation. 2 windows to S elevation. Timber framed windows.
To N of Kiln on opposite side of valley road. Single storey and attic, 3-bay, rectangular-plan cottage.
S (Entrance) Elevation: symmetrical; gableted, boarded timber porch, with latticed gable to centre of ground floor, panelled timber door, surmounted by tooled datestone reading "P.B. 1855" (Peter Brown); window to each flanking bay; 2 boarded timber gableted dormers to left and right bays of attic floor.
E Elevation: gabled, blank.
N Elevation: not seen 1999.
W Elevation: asymmetrical; gabled; base of flue advanced at ground floor, flanked to left by window.
Modern timber-framed glazing with top hoppers to ground floor, timber sash and case windows to attic floor. Purple-grey slate roof with tiled ridge. Stone skews. Coped granite gablehead stacks with circular and octagonal cans. Cast-iron rainwater goods.
Interior: not seen 1999.