Harry Ramsay Taylor of Cousin, Ormiston and Taylor, 1909 1910 incorporating early 19th century portico by Thomas Hamilton. 2 storey, 14 bay, symmetrical, classical office building with central prostyle portico and advanced terminal pavilions. Cream sandstone ashlar, channelled at ground. Base course; dividing band course to linking blocks; cornice above ground floor windows and pilaster quoins to 1st floor to terminal pavilions; eaves course; cornice.
N (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: full height, 3 bay portico with paired Corinthian columns, stylized at ground, strip pilasters and dentilled eaves to pediment; central doorway; 2 leaf panelled door; plate glass fanlight; single window to 1st floor above and to both floors in bays to left and right. Regular fenestration to both floors to flanking
5 bay linking blocks. Single windows at ground floor to pavilions; Venetian windows to 1st floor above.
E ELEVATION: 3 bay; regular fenestration at ground; pilasters flanking blind windows with blank panels above to 1st floor.
W (SOUTH GRAY STREET) ELEVATION: 4 bay; round arched, boarded timber doorway to outer right; single window to 1st floor above; regular fenestration to both floors in remaining bays with incised panels above 1st floor windows.
12 pane, timber sash and case windows. Grey slate piended roofs to pavilion blocks; flat roofs elsewhere; coped, shouldered wallhead stacks with square, moulded cans.
INTERIOR: not seen 1996.
BOUNDARY WALL: high, coped, rubble boundary wall to Duncan Street.