Circa 1800. 2-storey, basement and attic, 3-bay symmetrical town house with classical details. Grey sandstone, stugged ashlar with polished dressings to front elevation, coursed and squared rubble to rear and side. Rusticated basement of polished ashlar; band course above basement; dentilled eaves cornice; bays divided by shallow Doric pilasters with capitals.
S (FRONT) ELEVATION: corniced doorway approached accessed by oversailing steps with railings at centre, fluted pilasters to surround with stylised acanthus neckband, paterae and swagged urn to fluted frieze; single window at 1st floor above; canted tripartite dormer with half-piend roof. Outer bays with segmental-arched recesses with single windows at basement level (to right former pend now blocked); single windows at ground and 1st floor above; rectangular dormers with half-piend roof.
N (REAR) ELEVATION: former segmental-arched pend opening to left; casement stair window with leaded lights to centre; rectangular rubble-built extension above wallhead with stairwell cupola;
2 bipartite dormers flanking.
E ELEVATION: gabled with broad corniced ashlar apex stack; 2 single windows to outer left.
Tall, narrow timber sash and case windows with plate glass glazing, some 12-pane to rear. Slate roof with metal flashings; 1 apex (see above), mutual stack.
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.
BOUNDARY WALLS, GATEPIERS AND RAILINGS: low boundary wall to front with saddleback coping, 2 square coped gate piers, ornamental iron railings with thistle finials.