1638; restored Michael Laird & Partners, 1984-5. 3-storey and attic L-plan tower house, stairtower with corbelled caphouse; later alterations to SE front. Rubble with polished cream sandstone dressings, harled. Chamfered reveals; crowstepped gables; 2nd floor windows breaking eaves in finialled gableheads.
SE ELEVATION: 3-bay. Centre bay with circa 1700 curvilinear gable and apex stack; early 19th century columned doorway at 1st floor accessed by stone stairs with carved steps, panelled door and fanlight with astragals of 4 trefoiled arches; single windows flanking stairs at ground floor; 2 single windows at 2nd floor bull?s-eye window to gablehead. Single windows to outer bays. Modern, square, wall-mounted sundial to outer left at 2nd floor over carved armorial stone with angel heads.
NW ELEVATION: advanced gabled wing to right with apex stack and single windows to left. Return elevation and left wing with single windows. Stair tower with rounded corner set in re-entrant angle with doorway at ground floor and rectangular caphouse, corbelled to square at 2nd floor.
NE ELEVATION: 2-bay; gabled with apex stack and single windows.
SW ELEVATION: 5-bay; 2 gabled bays to right with apex stack and single windows. Irregular windows to left bays.
12-pane timber sash and case windows. Slate roof with stone ridge;
5 coped ashlar apex stacks (see above).
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.
TERRACE WALL: ashlar balustrade with coped dies at intervals to NW.