Probably David Bryce, 1848. Baronial lodge comprised of 3-storey tower with 2-storey and single storey bays stepping down. Rubble sandstone with ashlar dressings; chamfered arrises.
3-storey tower with steeply pitched saddleback-roofed, 1-bay square with circular stair tower adjoined to SE corner. Stair tower jettied above 1st floor with cipher panel, narrow windows, candlesnuffer roof with lead ball finial and stone forestair to E. Gabled timber porch addition to W elevation, flanked by window at ground; later 1st floor window and heraldic panel at 2nd floor. Gabled S elevation with windows at ground and 2nd floor, latter with cornice and carved ornament; carved panel at 1st floor. E elevation with forestair to ground, carved pediment to 1st floor window and segmental pediment to 2nd floor window breaking eaves.
Gabled 2-storey block to N. Window to each floor to W, irregular windows to E. Gabled single storey service block to N, with window to W.
Small-pane and diamond-pane (stair tower) glazing patterns in sash and case and fixed windows. Some modern windows. Crowstepped gables; corniced gablehead stacks. Grey slates.
OUTBUILDING: single storey gabled stone outbuilding to NW in garden, en suite, with door and window to S and door and gablehead stack to W.
GATEPIERS AND WALLS: ashlar gatepiers with pulvinated bands and cornices. Coped ashlar walls, swept down from piers with garden gate by lodge. Rubble garden walls.