Dated 1860. 3-storey, 6-bay rectangular-plan domestic gothic convent and presbytery to rear of St Mary Star by the Sea. Cream sandstone, squared and snecked stugged rubble with cill and impost banding of polished ashlar to SE and NE elevation and stugged ashlar dressings. Segmental-arched shouldered openings with relieving arches over and deeply chamfered reveals; deep cavetto eaves cornice.
NE (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: 3-bay; centre bay off-centre to right with pointed-arch doorway with round fanlight and distinctively panelled door; French windows with plain cast-iron balconies at 1st and 2nd floor above. Single windows to right bay. Blank bay to left except for blind lancet at 1st floor with commemorative inscription.
SE ELEVATION: 6-bay; single windows to each bay and floor; advanced gabled bay to outer right with apex stack, oculus (now blocked with cross symbol) in gablehead. Separate pointed-arched entry to convent to outer left.
NW (REAR) ELEVATION: 6-bay with bay to outer left gabled; irregularly- sized and disposed windows.
SW ELEVATION: 3-bay; segmental-arched bipartite windows to centre and right bay; small paired segmental-arched windows off-centre to right to left bay; multifoil oculus to gablehead (now blocked with small window inserted).
Timber sash and case windows, mostly 4-pane, plate glass glazing to SW. Black slate roof with lead flashings; 1 apex stack (see above),
4 part-shouldered rendered stacks. Moulded eaves gutters.
INTERIOR: open timber stair case, ground floor hall with exposed timber beams, wooden panelling throughout with distinctive pattern (as doorway), library with original shelving.