Early 19th century; shopfront at No 46 George Craig, 1894; public house front at No 44 W.N Thomson, 1897-8. 3-storey 6-bay tenement with later projecting shopfronts. Grey sandstone, stugged ashlar front with polished dressings, coursed rubble to rear and sides. 1st floor windows architraved and corniced; panelled aprons (obscured by shopfronts); band cill course at 1st and 2nd floor; dentilled eaves cornice with blocking course.
SE (FRONT) ELEVATION: projecting single storey flat-roofed shopfronts at ground floor; entrance doorway to tenement to outer right. Regular fenestration above shopfronts; 2 canted tripartite dormers to left.
No 44: 3-bay public house (1897-8) with tripartite window in depressed-arched opening with carved timber mullions and transoms at centre, flanked by doorways with oval-shaped panelling to doors and large rectangular fanlights; panelled pilasters with festoon carving and free Ionic capitals; rich mottled stained glass with ship and fish motifs to window and fanlights; swagged carving to parapet badly decaying. Cellar opening. Ornate bracket to trade sign.
No 46: 4-bay red sandstone shopfront with polished black granite base, shallow granite pilasters flanking with laurel wreath to frieze, balustraded parapet; bay to outer left with doorway and oval bull's-eye window above; 3 bays to right arcaded, moulded and keystoned depressed-arched windows with elaborate bulbous and fluted Corinthian columns, recessed doorway at centre.
NW (REAR) ELEVATION: irregular single windows; small flat-roofed projection with tall tripartite window.
Plate glass timber sash and case windows, some 12-pane windows to rear. Black slate roof with polygonal cupolas; coped mutual and apex stacks to end gables.
INTERIOR: No 46 with ornate cornices and octagonal Corinthian columns. No 44 (Noble's Bar) with plaster ceiling, ornate cornices and shallow frieze with ship motifs; diamond-panelled wood work throughout, carved timber gantry behind bar (moved) with dentilled cornice.