1828. Impressive 6-storey L-plan warehouse with classical details. Cream sandstone, ashlar W front, droved ashlar ground floor to S and SW elevations, coursed and squared rubble above, coursed rubble to rear. S and SE elevations with base course, round-arched arcaded ground floor with impost band course and band course above ground floor.
W (SHORE) ELEVATION: 4-bay; bay to outer left plain with single windows. 3 bays to right with raised ground floor divided by shallow strip pilasters, door to right with scrolled bracket, cornice above; tall 1st floor with Ionic columns and deep cornice; single windows above, arcaded windows to 3rd floor.
SE (CHAPEL LANE) ELEVATION: 5-bay; bay to right of centre with taller opening breaking band course (now blocked); single windows above. Broader openings (pends) to centre and outer right bays; bipartite windows to 1st and 2nd floor of centre bays. Single window to remaining bays.
SW (BROAD WYND) ELEVATION: 10-bay; 4 gabled bays to right with single windows and bull's-eye window to gablehead. 6 bays to left with loading doors to 2nd and 6th bay (formerly covered with wooden lucams), remaining bays with single windows in 3-storey giant arcades. S jamb, recessed bay with altered openings, corniced and bracketted door surround at 2nd floor level, round-arched opening above. Return elevation of S jamb blank with remains of fireplaces. 2-bay Broad Wynd elevation of S jamb with multi-pane glazed shop front (No. 7 Broad Wynd), single windows above.
N (REAR) ELEVATION: mostly single windows, altered openings, 2-storey giant arcades to NE elevation. Small square-plan addition (stalk?) to re-entrant angle.
Some 10-horizontal-pane timber casement windows surviving, internal wooden shutters. Pantile roof.
INTERIOR: slender cast-iron columns at ground floor, floors above of timber beam and post construction.